Buying from Katrina Alexander
Terms & Conditions
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
How to buy
Scroll right down for Frequently Asked Questions.
COVID-19 DELIVERY TERMS UPDATE - if we cannot provide delivery or particular items of jewellery during the covid-19 pandemic for any reason, we will contact you as soon as possible. All items are being delivered by Royal Mail Special Delivery or by a secure courier, for guaranteed next day delivery, in the UK, other than during Royal Mail postal strikes.
Please note: Following Brexit, should you be interested in ordering a piece of jewellery to be sent outside of the UK, please do get in touch in order that we can quote the postage costs for you. Any import taxes and duties will need to be paid by the purchaser.
1. We must receive payment in whole for the price of the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. Once payment has been received by us we will confirm that your order has been received by sending an email to you at the email address you provide at the time of ordering. This is not an Order Acceptance from ourselves - our acceptance of your order takes place on the despatch to you of the products ordered unless we notify you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order in accordance with clause 3. Our acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
Only adults (persons aged 18 and over) are entitled to enter into legally binding contracts and as a result are the only people entitled to transact through this site. Any other individuals who are unable to perform legally binding contracts are prohibited from ordering goods using this site.
2. Pricing, Delivery and Discount Codes:2.1 The prices payable for goods that you order are as set out in our website.2.1.1 All of our prices are in UK Pounds. You will be billed in UK Pounds and if you purchase from outside the UK, currency fluctuations and credit card charges may make a difference to the amount billed on your credit card.2.2 You may be required to pay extra for delivery and it might not be possible for us to deliver to some locations. We will advise of any changes at the time of ordering if applicable. Currently all UK orders are sent out free of charge by Special Delivery or secure courier service, other destinations will be quoted at the time of ordering.2.3 Promotional discount codes: We may from time to time offer promotional discount codes (either directly or via third parties) which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website. Such codes may only be applied to purchases of full-price items and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discounts.
3. Right for you to cancel your contract3.1 Subject to 3.3 below, you may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the 7th working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.3.2 To cancel your contract you must notify us by email to email@example.com or telephone 01273 710352. If the item has already been dispatched, it will need to be returned in line with our Returns Policy before a refund can be issued. Please get in contact to obtain the Returns Address as no liability will be accepted for a return otherwise.3.3 Your right to cancel your contract with us for the goods you have ordered is subject to you contacting us within 7 days of receiving your goods and receiving a ‘Returns Authorisation number’. The item(s) cannot be a Bespoke Commission
Order, which due to its unique nature, cannot be exchanged or returned under any circumstances.3.4 Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited will be credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your order PROVIDED THAT the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you, in the way detailed above, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be credited to you.
4. Cancellation by us4.1 We reserve the right to cancel the contract between you and us if:4.1.1 we have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;4.1.2 we do not deliver to your area; or4.1.3 one or more of the items you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.4.2 If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by email or by telephone, and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
5. Delivery of goods to you5.1 We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order. It is your responsibility to ensure that the delivery address you give us is correct and accurate and that there is somebody to sign for and take delivery of the goods from the delivery service used.5.2 All orders within the UK are delivered using Royal Mail Special Delivery or courier service during Royal Mail industrial action.
Delivery Charges:Standard Delivery within the UK is free of charge and will arrive the following day for items that are available. Orders need to be placed prior to 2 pm for guaranteed next day delivery. We will advise of any change to this on items that need to be made to order.Next Day (Royal Mail Special Delivery) for Saturday Guarantee within the UK is free of charge. Orders outside of the UK will be quoted for at the time of ordering subject to the delivery location.5.3 You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been dispatched to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.5.4 We make no promise that materials on our website are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United Kingdom, and accessing the website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access this site from locations outside the United Kingdom, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.5.5 If your order is returned to us because the courier or postal service could not complete the delivery to you for whatever reason, then you will be responsible for the repeat delivery costs.
6. Liability6.1 If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by email of the problem within 7 working days of the delivery of the goods in question.6.2 If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 7 working days of the date on which you ordered them, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us by email or telephone at our contact address of the problem within 14 days of the date on which you ordered the goods. If you notify us of a problem under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option either:6.2.1 to make good any shortage or non-delivery; or6.2.2 to replace any goods that are damaged or defective; or6.2.3 to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose. 6.3 Save as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under clause 6.2.3 above.6.4 You must observe and comply with all applicable regulations and legislation, including obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. The importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you may be prohibited by certain national laws. We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase. 6.5 Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.6.6 We cannot be held responsible for any delays once the goods have left us and are in possession of the courier or Royal Mail.
7. NoticesUnless otherwise expressly stated in these terms and conditions, all notices from you to us must be in writing and sent by email to our contact address at firstname.lastname@example.org and all notices from us to you will be displayed on our website from time to time.
8. InvalidityIf any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
10.Third Party10.1: Third Party Rights: Except for our affiliates, directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.10.2 Third Party links: We may include hyperlinks on this Site to other websites or resources operated by parties other than Louise Sinclair, including advertisers. Louise Sinclair has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Web Site and is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages nor are we responsible for the availability of such external websites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offense caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external websites or resources.
11. Governing LawEach and every transaction carried out is deemed to be completed within the United Kingdom and therefore shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law. The terms of this charter (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claims of whatever nature in relation to them) shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English Law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation thereto.
13. Trade MarksAll trademarks, product names and company names or logos sited herein are the property of Katrina Alexander. No permission is given by us in respect of the use of any such brand names, photographs, product names or titles or copyrights and such use may constitute an infringement of the owners’ rights.
14. Events Beyond our ControlWe will not be in breach of this Agreement or otherwise liable for any delay in performance if to the extent that any delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
15. Our rightsWe reserve the right to change the Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part thereof) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
Select your product(s) and add them to your shopping basket. Enter your details as requested and then make payment via Paypal which is a secure method of payment. Upon receipt we will send you an email confirming your order and confirmation that payment has been processed. We will then dispatch your order.
If you have any queries about your order before or after it’s been placed, please get in touch with us via the online form, email or give us a call.
All Katrina Alexander jewellery is handcrafted and pieces may vary slightly in look and finish, each piece haas been lovingly hand crafted and polished individually by hand.
Please note that we reserve the right to cancel your order if, for any reason, we are out of stock and we may cancel the contract between us if this is the case or if we are unable to deliver to your area.
If the contract is cancelled, we will advise you by email and provide you with a credit within 30 days latest of the time of your order. We endeavour to provide immediate refunds. Please note that we do not provide additional compensation.
We do not accept any responsibility for items that have arrived damaged or delayed via Special Delivery once they are in possession of the Royal Mail - however, please do contact us via email immediately should you have any issues with your order such as a discrepancy between the quantity of items ordered. We cannot guarantee to deal with these over the telephone, these must be advised by email.
We reserve the right to change our prices at any time, subject to the price of metals and materials.
FOR QUICK REFERENCE:
Delivery time and shipping
We aim to process all orders on the same day as purchased but please see above. Orders will then be shipped out the following day for guaranteed secure next day delivery.
All orders to be sent within the UK will be sent out free of charge by Special Delivery or courier, and the delivery date will be confirmed at the time of ordering. Orders outside of the UK will be quoted at time of ordering or please email for a quote. Taxes and customs charges will need to be paid by the purchaser.
All Katrina Alexander jewellery is sent out wrapped with (acid-free) recycled tissue in one of our deep, luxurious (high quality recycled paper) jewellery boxes which can be recycled. Envelopes are sustainable forestry approved. Please note that in the interests of sustainability, we no longer use ribbons to wrap our jewellery boxes. We currently tie natural raffia bows around the boxes. We can also hand-write your own personal message should you require – just drop us an email with your required message when ordering. We are happy to gift wrap items for you - these will be sent out in one of our deep luxurious boxes, and tied with (old stock) silver grey ribbons made from recycled plastic. Please note that the ribbon, and bow, will cover the name Katrina Alexander so the gift remains a surprise.
Returns & Order Cancellation
In the unlikely event you’re not happy with your purchase, please advise us immediately by email in order that we can provide the Returns Address and then return it to us within up to 30 days and in the same condition it was sent to you, and in the original packaging. Please ensure the jewellery is wrapped carefully in its original tissue paper and packaging to stop the items being scratched or damaged. Always return it by Special Delivery to ensure that the item is fully insured. We do not accept responsibility for missing items, however dispatched. Once we’ve received the goods back, you will be fully refunded, including the cost of the return postage.
Please note: we do not accept responsibility for any items that have been returned without first receiving confirmation of the Returns Address.
We do not accept responsibility for the loss of items which have not been returned by Special Delivery. Should items get lost for any reason, it is the purchaser's responsibility to claim back via the method in which it was sent. Items that are received back with any scratches, dents or discolouration from cleaning products/perfumes etc will not be refunded.
Under the UK Distance Selling Regulations, you have the legal right to cancel your order within seven working days upon receipt of the goods if you are based in the UK. However, in the interests of hygiene, we regret this does not apply to unwanted pierced earrings. After this time we will be happy to exchange goods (excluding earrings) if they are returned to us in perfect condition and in their original packaging within 14 days of purchase. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please note all measurements are approximate and products may differ slightly from their description due to the handcrafted nature of the jewellery. Exchanges are possible, but postage will be charged for the item sent out in exchange.
Recycled luxury packaging
Please note that our deep luxurious jewellery boxes are made from high quality recycled packaging and all postcards and business cards are printed on recycled paper. All can be recycled. Tissue used is acid-free and the ribbons are made from recycled wood pulp - sustainability update: ribbons are being discontinued once the stock has been used, and replaced with natural raffia ties.
Secondary packaging is also made from recycled paper which can be recycled.
Please note that all Katrina Alexander jewellery designs are made using sterling silver. All pieces that are cast are done so using 100% recycled silver. We also use Eco silver and recycled silver as much as possible. Jewellery is hallmarked by the London Assay Office with Katrina Alexander's unique Maker's Mark, in line with the Hallmarking Act 1973 which guarantees that the metals are as stated.
Please do get in touch if you are interested in stocking Katrina Alexander Jewellery and we can send you details of our price list and collection pieces available for sale or exhibitions.
Reconditioning and Repairs
Jewellery is always subject to wear and tear, if you would like a piece of jewellery to be repaired or reconditioned please do get in touch and we can provide a quote as applicable. Once we know what is required, we can quote, and then we recommend that you return your Katrina Alexander Jewellery to me by a secure, sign for mail which is covered by insurance. Once received we will be able to provide you with a detailed quote for undertaking the work.
Payment for all repairs and reconditioning will be taken prior to commencement of the work.
Delivery notes, invoices and returns are all paper free
We do not print unnecessary paperwork and all invoice, delivery notes and return confirmations are all sent via email.
How Katrina Alexander Jewellery is made
All jewellery is cast using the ancient technique of the art of lost wax casting which means that each piece of jewellery is unique to the wearer. No two pieces are totally identical as each piece is hand finished individually. Each piece is hand sculpted in wax first to ensure Katrina's signature style.
If you would like a piece of jewellery made in gold, or gold plated, please do drop us an email email@example.com or give us a call on 01273 710352.
Frequently Asked Questions
A quick little chat with Katrina Alexander
......to break up the more serious bits......
Where do you get your inspiration from?
I get my inspiration from everyday life - from random objects, architectural or design detail, lighting design, interior design, museums, travelling, walking about day to day, travel magazines, textures and patterns in fabrics, bits of driftwood, stones, nature, food, pavement grids, railings, lighting reflections.....
How did you become a jeweller or designer maker?
It's been a long journey, as people say. Although I’m not a big fan of “the journey" – I’ve heard it a lot recently - I do believe life is one continual path, with its ups and downs, its sudden diversions from the planned route - and we are nearly all resistant to unexpected change. Yet change happens continually in life and the best thing I can do is move with it and embrace it fully, even during challenging times. I embrace change by taking control of it, as much as the situation allows, and believing strongly that good will prevail in every change whether it be work related or a personal situation.
How did I get to this point in my life? Well, following the death of someone exceptionally close to me, and being promoted twice in one year around the same time, I decided to try and find a slower-paced career. It took some time but here I am – and very happy doing what I do. Making. Being part of a lovely jewellery and maker community. Virtual and real. Enjoying craftsmanship and being a craftswoman.
How to look after your new purchase
Top tips for looking after your Katrina Alexander silver jewellery
What is the best way to store and clean my jewellery?
Silver jewellery tarnishes easily so it is best to store it in a box or a sealed bag to prevent this. Silver should be cleaned with a soft silver polishing cloth or a silver dip. It is not recommended that you spray perfume over your jewellery, or wear it whilst using cleaning products - especially bleach. Chlorine should also be avoided.
It should be noted that matt finished pieces will tarnish more quickly when left stored in the open air. The best way to avoid this is to wear your jewellery regularly and store it correctly.
Why does my silver jewellery go black?
Some people, unfortunately, can react against silver jewellery thus making it go black. This is thought to be due to diets and some medication. Cleaning your jewellery with a small toothbrush and diluted detergent should keep your jewellery clean, in addition to using a soft silver polishing cloth or a silver dip.
If this does not help the silver can be rhodium plated in order to create a "barrier" which looks like silver in colour. Alternatively jewellery can be made in either white gold or platinum - prices can be quoted as necessary. We also make jewellery in yellow and rose gold.
Website Terms and Conditions
What you need to know when using this website
Use of Content
These Terms and Conditions of Use apply to all users of this website and use of the site constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. No guarantee can be provided that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. All comments regarding the website should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst every care has been taken to ensure the information on this website is accurate and up to date, Katrina Alexander does not accept any liability to any party for loss, or damage incurred by reliance placed on the information contained in this website or through omission or errors how so ever caused. Nothing in this website constitutes professional advice and any user of the website should consult a suitable qualified professional for advice relating to a specific enquiry or issue.
The Content of this website is copyright 2020 of Katrina Alexander and you may only copy, download and reproduce the Content for your own personal use. Content must not be used for reproduction in any literature or on any website, in any way for commercial purpose of gain without obtaining written consent from Katrina Alexander. The term "Content" includes all text, images and graphics. Any images and company logos being the copyright or trademark of third parties are subject to the terms and conditions of such third parties.
We believe strongly in protecting users' privacy. We will not provide any of the personal information you give us to any third party. Any information submitted to Katrina Alexander via this website is held under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Law and Jurisdiction
Your use of this website, these terms and any matters arising are subject to the laws of England. Any dispute is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England. Save as specifically provided otherwise, this website is targeted only at, and the services are only available to, UK residents.
All jewellery images, designs and intellectual property on this website are the property of Katrina Alexander and must not be reproduced in any form whatsoever. Any breach of copyright will be taken seriously.
Let us know if you would like to receive details of new pieces and events.
We promise not to bombard you with emails.